Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cool Algorithms and Data-Structures in general

Like many CS students (before I dropped out and studied real mathematics) I was continually frustrated by the standard algorithm courses we are forced to sit through. First you do weeks of recurrence relations and basic algorithmic analysis followed by quicksort and some trees. Along the way there are tons of implementations of various data-structures and algorithms with stupid patronizing applications.

After having left CS, and even mathematics for the most part, I find myself discovering tons of cool algorithms and data-structures that are never mentioned in classes that I've seen. So I am starting a list of cool algorithms everyone should see once and appreciate, even if they never ever use them.

I will tag them all as "cool algorithms" even if they are data-structures that imply certain algorithms.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger